an adventure into my cookbook collection: soul-searching, doing things differently & the truths I learn along the way...

deseeding pomegranates is feminine & erotic, unless you hit them with a wooden spoon...

urm..?

Friday 15 February 2013

While I'm cooking, I'm dancing

Yesterday there was an article in the Guardian about what the best kind of music to listen to while cooking is. I pretty much always have music on when I'm cooking, so I thought I would compile a playlist on Spotify of the kind of music I love to listen to while I'm cooking. Its great to sing along with, and to dance to. I have pretty much perfected the art of dancing while chopping onions, stirring pots and washing up, without breaking anything or injuring any body parts. Yeah I am that awesome.

So here it is. Let me know what you think of it, and what you like to watch/listen to while you are cooking.

Adam Ant – Goody Two Shoes
Alphabeat – Fascination
Amii Stewart – Knock On Wood
Aretha Franklin – Respect
Aretha Franklin – Think
The Bangles – Walk Like An Egyptian - Album/Single
Blondie – One Way or Another
Bruno Mars – Runaway Baby
Bruno Mars – Locked Out Of Heaven
Chaka Demus and Pliers – Murder She Wrote
The Chordettes – Lollipop - Squeak E Clean & Desert Eagles Remix
Chuck Berry – You Never Can Tell - 1964 Single Version (Mono)
The Coasters – Down In Mexico
The Coasters – Smokey Joe's Cafe
The Contours – Do You Love Me
Cornershop – Brimful Of Asha - The Norman Cook Remix (Single Version)
DJ Fresh – Golddust
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros – Home
Ella Fitzgerald – The Lady Is A Tramp
Ella Fitzgerald – Too Darn Hot
Ella Fitzgerald – When I Get Low I Get High - Single Version
Foster The People – Pumped Up Kicks
The Foundations – Build Me Up Buttercup
Gabby Young & Other Animals – Ones That Got Away
Gabby Young & Other Animals – Ask You a Question
Gloria Jones – Tainted Love
Gotye – Somebody That I Used To Know
Groove Armada – But I Feel Good
Jace Everett – Bad Things - Soundtrack Version
Jackie Wilson – (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher
James Brown – Papa's Got a Brand New Bag
Jessie J – Price Tag
Lightning Seeds – The Life of Riley
M.I.A. – Paper Planes
Marvin Gaye – I Heard It Through The Grapevine
Marvin Gaye – Ain't No Mountain High Enough
Maverick Sabre – No One
Michael Jackson – Thriller
Milan & Phoenix – Istanbul (Not Constantinople) - Radio Edit
Minimatic – No Diggity - Minimatic Remix
Molotov Jukebox – Tick Tock
Molotov Jukebox – Double Dare
Muse – Feeling Good
Nina Simone v Groovefinder – Ain't Got No - I Got Life - Remix - Radio Edit
OutKast – Hey Ya! - Radio Mix/Club Mix
Paul Simon – Late In The Evening
Peggy Lee – Fever
Plan B – She Said
Prince & The Revolution – Kiss
The Proclaimers – I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
Queen – Radio Ga Ga - 2011 Remaster
Ray Charles – Hit The Road Jack
Santana – Smooth
Sister Nancy – Bam Bam
Slave – Don't Leave Me This Way
Stealers Wheel – Stuck In The Middle With You
Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel – Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)
Stevie Wonder – Uptight (Everything's Alright) - Single Version
Stevie Wonder – Superstition - Single Version
T Bird and the Breaks – The Clap Hands Song



http://t.co/aKe18NOD

with love,

*cook always with a smile, and a boogie.*

No comments:

Post a Comment